Thursday, June 23, 2011

What happens when your brother hits you with a golf club?

 Trent came home from work all pumped up to take the boys over the the driving range to hit some balls. He had just spent the morning at the US Open Golf Tournament, so he was feeling inspired. Anyways, he packed the boys and there clubs and off they went over to Laurel Golf to hit some balls. I told them to call me on there way home so I could make sure to have dinner ready when they got home.
 Well I happened to look out the window and saw them pulling up. I was kind of bugged because I had told them to call me and now dinner wasn't going to be ready. I instantly knew things weren't good by the looks on their faces as they got out of the van. Pierce had some tear-stained cheeks. Brock looked like he had been hit by a train. Trent had his serious face on. As Pierce got closer to the door I noticed a very large goose egg on his forehead and also his cheek.
These pictures really don't do it justice. But it has been a week since it happened and it still is there. Apparently from what happened, well what I understood to happen, is that Brock was struggling to hit the ball and Pierce went over to try and help him out. Brock, not realizing that Pierce was still in his box, swung his golf club like a tornado and nailed Pierce right in the face. One moment I am glad I wasn't there to witness. To Brock's credit he felt horrible and cried and prayed for Pierce for days. He made Pierce make belief "hospital beds" on our couch. Pierce was pretty much milking every second of it too. His prayers were often pleading with Jesus to please heal his brother and make him back to normal because he is his best buddy and he misses him and can't live with out him. Cute brothers. I am sure this won't be the last battle wound we have between these two!

2 comments:

Ken and Jos said...

Brock's prayers sound so funny but sooo sweet!!

Whitney@SomethingBroughtYouHere said...

That is the cutest thing ever.