Friday, May 16, 2008

Crash and Burn





So I think I could possibly have the most klutzy 2 year old! He had a rough week he got a sliver on Tuesday night and it was so sad I had to hold him down while Trent extracted the sliver.. so now he is petrified of TWEEZERS. If he sees them he goes into Freak Mode! Then Yesterday he slammed his finger in our laundry room door. I thought he was dying by the way he was crying. He was so paranoid that I was going to have to get the tweezers as soon as he did it he yelled out" No Mama, don't clip it out with the tweezers!" Then Brock chimed in, I couldn't tell who was louder at that point. It was sad. Then last night while outside playing with all of his buddies in our circle he did a full on Pete Rose Slide on the asphalt. He was running around like a crazy man, tongue hanging out and loud high pitched witch scream in full force when he took this unfortunate slide! Poor kid looks like he has been though the war! I promise I don't abuse the kid!
This summer is going to be so much fun for Pierce. Our circle is always got kids playing outside. He looks out the window and says, " Mama the kids are out, my friends need to play with me!" We need to work on him learning to ride his bike. All the other kids can ride and Pierce doesn't yet, so he just chases behind him screaming AHHHHHH! Funny. I love going outside too it just lifts my spirit and I enjoy talking to adults every once in a while. I have been so lucky to have such fun neighbors who I feel genuinely care about me.
Brock has been Grouchy this week, what is new. He is finally starting to be nice again. My theory is that on Sunday in my primary class we had to stand up and say what we were going to try harder to do better for the week. I got up and said that I was going to try harder to be a nice mother, and be more patient. What was I thinking? So of course, those challenges have come my way and I am pretty sure I FAILED miserably! Anyways Brock is cutting his top teeth I will be so glad when the teething thing is over. Yuck!
I cannot wait for the weekend, well except for the fact that I have a half marathon tomorrow. Not good! But other than that I am excited to spend some time with my husband.

3 comments:

Whitney@SomethingBroughtYouHere said...

I can feel Pierce's pain. I used to be terrified of tweezers when i was little too... except not from pulling out too many slivers... from Mom pinning me down and plucking my uno brow. HA HA. But now I'm obsessed with tweezing, so he'll learn to love them eventually, maybe.

Deanna said...

I have tried making goals to be more patient with my children too- it is always a disaster! I love your blog- very cute.
Deanna Billings

Mary Ellen said...

Haha, that is so funny. Sounds like Caleb...he gets hysterical about the tiniest things, very dramatic! So here's a little tip with the slivers...use orajel and it kind of numbs it up so it doesn't pinch quite so much when you pull it out!