Thursday, August 23, 2012

Road Trip - first of many!

 While we were in Utah we took a road trip to California. We left on a Sunday morning to take our first attempt at our road trip. Our destination for the night was St. George. the kids were pretty good troopers and actually did better than I thought they would. Uncle Brady and Aunt Sasha were kind enough to let us borrow their Acura. Brock thought it was a Ferrari and couldn't get over how awesome of a car it was. He was constantly asking Trent how fast it could go, to race other drivers and to rev up the engine. Cute kid! hanks for trusting us with your Ferrari!
We made it to Uncle Pete's winter home in St. George to spend the night. Right as we got all settled into the house a fierce rainstorm began! It really was like nothing I have seen, which means a lot coming form Maryland. The streets were completely flooded and it was yucky. That night my Nana and Papa invited us for dinner. She made this really yummy stir fry and some fresh vegis from the garden. We enjoyed chatting and laughing with them. The kids loved riding her elliptical and jumping on her mini-tramp. It was great to see them.
 The next morning Trent got up early and went golfing with Jordan Hammer. They had a great time together and it was great to see him again.
The kids and I caught up with some of our friends. Our original plan was to go to the river and catch polly-wogs and wade in the water, but since that big storm came through it kind of flooded those plans. So luckily they have a pool in their backyard that we swam in instead. My kids were not disappointed at all. The kids had a fabulous time together. I also enjoyed chatting with Ashley and catching up on life. We went home and cleaned up and met them for dinner later at Cafe-Rio. ( I had to get my fix~ and it was so good!) After wards we went back to their place for some more swimming and chatting followed by a super awesome firework show! It was a very fun-filled day. We were sad to say good bye!

1 comment:

Kelli J. said...

Mikelle, I have to admit when I first saw that you were in Sea World I was so sad...so sad because I immediately thought you went to Sea World - Orlando and I was sad that you didn't call me to meet you there! BUT I see that you were in Cali :)

I bet you had such a full heart, but were so exhausted after such a fun summer and trip back home to Utah. Looks like fun though.