Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial weekend

This year we decided to just hang around here. The weather kind of turned crappy on us.. the boys wanted to camp out in the back yard. So, instead they put the tent up in our living room. They sure had a fun time. We made cookies, did some puzzles and played games. They actually slept better than I thought they would.




Then on Monday we wanted to take the boys fishing. To make sure they had a good experience Trent and I decided that it would be wise to go to a fish farm. We heard of one up in North Ogden. It was a hit! The boys were having a blast. Within the first couple minutes we were there they had both already caught 2! We were there a whoppin' twenty minutes and came home with 6 rainbow trout! Pierce was pretty excited to try to eat them. We had a BBQ and I promised him that if he tried them that I would too. He did.. and tried to convince us that he liked it but his facial expressions weren't saying the same. I thought it was okay.. I am not a fish person.I would highly recommend this place.. great fun!Their faces were priceless as they caught each one!

Don't mind my outfit.. I was planning on working in the yard all day. Trent kept calling me Farmer Joe.. so of course the boys thought that was pretty funny!

Proud fisherman!
Couldn't for the life of me get them to look at the camera.

Concentration!
Brock's face when we told him it was time to go. He wasn't very happy. If we would have let him stay we probably would have come home with 50 fish! Funny!
It was a great weekend.I sure do love being with my little family!

4 comments:

Jennifer and Jameson said...

How fun! I love the tent-in-the-house idea! I grew up going to that fish farm for our ward outings and such! So fun!

Watts Family said...

You make me laugh. I wore the same outfit the other day and Owen kept on calling me farmer too.
Super cute pictures.

Amy said...

What a fun weekend! Love the picture of Brock's face when you were leaving. Addy gets that face a lot especially leaving Grandma's. Hope you have a great time in Cali!

Love Family said...

Mikelle, don't act like you don't LOVE those overalls!! haha =) Hope you are or did have fun in CALI!! You lucky woman! Cute pics!!