Saturday, November 7, 2009

All in a week..

This past week was filled with news! Some life altering news!
On Wednesday we went to my 18 week check up and found out that we are for sure having a GIRL! It really took me by surprise. I am not sure what to think. I think I am still in denial. It was overwhelming to me I think. A girl, what will I do with a girl? I feel like with me alone there is a little to much emotion and hormones going on in our house. We will for sure be getting a wake up call when she comes! Oh, the dresses and hair bows... and actually having to put some thought into what she wears.
Then on Friday Trent and I finalized our decision on whether or not to move to Baltimore, Maryland for a new job at Johns Hopkins Medical in compliance. This was by far one of the hardest decisions. We absolutely love where we live. We have been so blessed with awesome friends, family, neighbors and ward family here. It will be challenging but hopefully worth it in the end. Talk about an emotional week. The good news is we get to be here until the end of the year. So the holidays will be great! I am sad, but also very excited to have a new adventure. Wish us luck.. it will be crazy!

7 comments:

Johnson Family said...

Congratulations! What an exciting week. You will be great with a girl. Think of all the cute clothes and bows you now will get to buy! Moving will be hard but it will be a wonderful adventure for you and your family.

Watts Family said...

I think that is so fun that you will me having a girl. I still can't believe that we are too because I thought we would just have all boys!
And I think the move will be a great growing experience for your little family. It just amazes me each time we move of how much closer we become as a family. It's never easy but we always make such wonderful friends where ever we go. And you always have the ones that you leave behind.
Let me know if you need anything because we know how to do the moving thing.

Burton Family said...

Congrats on the news of a girl!!! You will love having a girl, yes you can do without the emotion, because trust me they are born with it. But aside from that they are so fun. As for moving I think it will be great for you and your family. We will definatly miss you. Your family is the best and our family loves yours. Hopefully we always keep in touch and we are plannig a trip to boston so maybe we can see you:)

Anonymous said...

congratulations on having a girl! How fun :) and moving what an exciting adventure!! When are you leaving??

Sadie Lady said...

Funny.I was sitting here thinking why hasn't Mikelle posted about the baby yet? Duh...I have to log in to see your updates. Silly me. I really am so happy for you. This will be so fun and exciting and scary! Enjoy this holiday season with the family. We will miss you moving away so far! Good thing you are blogging so I can keep up with you and your fam. I love ya!

Love Family said...

We are DEFINATELY going to miss you, but are also happy that you guys were offered such a great adventure, that will be so awesome! AND we hope that someday soon we will get to meet your little girl! I know she will be cute as ever! We hope we get to play a few more times before you leave! =(

Ashley said...

Mikelle, I totally forgot your blog was private and couldn't figure out why it wasn't updating on my Google Reader. Duh! So much news going on. Not that we see you that much but we will miss you guys being so far away! You will have so much fun being out there. A baby girl? Wow you will love it. It is like playing dress up every single day! I am so happy for you guys. Wish we could see you before you leave . . .