Thursday, July 29, 2010

Over the River and through the Woods

So we finally got the OK to go to Utah. My dad flew in to Baltimore Monday late night and we were of by 4 AM the next morning. We made our first flight, phew! We had a deadline because the big Twilight party was that night and I HAD to be there. My awesome cousins had rented out an entire theatre and it was sure to be a great time. We made it to Houston with no hiccups. The boys were great as was Jaida too. Once we arrived in Houston though we realized there was no hope to make it to SLC. Oh No! The hurricane was due to hit in the next few days so people were frantically trying to get out of there. We had no choice but to hop onto a plane bound for Las Vegas. Viva Las Vegas indeed. Luckily my Nana and Papa live in St. George and came and picked us up from the airport. We hit up In and Out and were on the road again. My dad borrowed their van, no air conditioning and 110 degrees, and I rode with my aunt Julie with Jaida. We made it to SLC with time to spare before the big movie premier. Lets just say my kids were amazing! Not once did they complain and were like perfect angels on the flights. This all couldn't have been possible with out my wonderful dad who stuck with us through the madness! Love ya Dad!
And was is worth it... Of course. The party was fun, always great to be with my family. The movie well it was just ok for me!Blah on the picture it is horrible, by the end of this movie I had been awake for 26 hours straight! AHHH.. I was exhausted!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Wow! What a crazy trip to get here. Glad that Papa Russ was able to be there for you. Miss you already!

Sadie Lady said...

Seriously you are a trooper. We were so glad that you made it in time to participate in our craziness.

Kelli J. said...

26 hours straight!!! You are such a trooper. I was so exhausted that night, but not 26-hours of wake time for me. Loved having you here!