Sunday, August 4, 2013

Miracle Mile

 

In June Me and the kids signed up for the Children's Hospital Miracle Mile race. Jaida and Brock ran a 1/4 mile race and Pierce ran the 1/2 mile race. I signed up for the 4 mile race. It was unlucky that it happened to be one of the hottest Saturdays ever! The kids were all pretty excited for their first race. In the weeks leading up to the race they would go out running with me on Saturdays to prepare.
Here is our little cheerleader Allie! She was a good sport!
Jaida was feeling pretty big and proud to be with us!

 
 




Brock was pretty pumped up and was talking all sorts of trash talk about how he was going to win the race. He is super competitive.

 

 


Pierce was pretty nervous and also very excited at the same time.  



 

 

 

 

Here is Pierce at the starting line. There was actually a kid that was puking at this moment. Lovely! Pierce did a great job. I was really proud of him for trying something new and very hard for him. My favorite part was at the very end of the race he literally looked like he was death warmed over and ready to puke himself at any moment, but he saw me at the very end cheering my heart out for him and his eyes caught mine and he pushed himself even harder to make it to the finish line! It was a proud mama moment. Way to go Pierce.
Brock was a champ and ran super hard and fast. He ended up winning first place for his age group. Jaida ran with her Daddy and did a really good job. That is a long way to run for such a little thing but she did it! She ended up winning third place for her age group!
I was impressed that I even made it to the finish line to be honest. It was so hot I thought I was going to overheat and die! So imagine my face when I actually took first for my age group! Wahoo!
After the race they had a raffle for some pretty neat bikes. Brock had his heart set on winning one. He was pretty devastated when he didn't win. We had to drag him away kicking and screaming. He didn't quite understand what a raffle meant. poor kid. All in all it was a major success. I think this may become a family tradition!

1 comment:

Ken and Jos said...

So cool! That's funny about Brock and being competitive. What a funny kid! Good job!!