Sunday, January 4, 2015

YW Recognition

Today was kind of a bittersweet day. I received my Young Women's Recognition award. This is an award I should have received back when I was a teen, but for some reason thought I was too cool to do my personal progress back then. I worked really hard to get it, so it was really exciting to get it today. Also today I was released as the Young Women's president. I knew it was coming because we are moving, but it still was hard and felt like a part of me was being taken away. I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to serve all these girls. It was really hard and a lot of time and work, but in the end I was extremely blessed and grateful. I am grateful to be a part of an organization that puts such an emphasis on creating a place where women are valued and taught to be proud of who they are.

No comments: