Friday, May 23, 2008

Mama I colored for you....




This is the phrase I heard as I walked back into my room. I was a little nervous because I didn't know what he meant by colored. I knew that he was in my room watching some cartoons. I had slipped out just minutes before to go throw in a load of laundry. I knew that he hadn't been coloring before. I started to panic. I came in to find him colored with a pen, all over his hands and feet and even some on his pants. He looked up at me with his big brown eyes and said, " Mama do you like it?" How could you be mad at those eyes?
Today we went to lunch with my Granny and Butch. We went to Garcias. My Granny is so cute, she was so excited to go and called me early this morning to let me know that she had chosen Garcias. We had originally decided to go to dinner, but I think she was too excited to wait. Maybe not, but we had a really good time. Pierce said after we left, "can't your Granny and Butch come to our house and see us?". "Why did they have to go bye- bye?" it was a fun afternoon.
This week Trent has been gone in Malibu for work, I know rough life! So we have been trying to keep sane here at our house. Pierce and Brock cannot wait to be reunited with their Dad again and nor can I. We are flying out on Sunday to go to San Diego. I can hardly wait. I hope that the sun is shining down there. My family and friends have been keeping me company. We have had a very jam packed week to keep me from remembering that I am alone. I hate being alone, so thanks!

8 comments:

Courtney said...

Hey Mikelle,
Sounds like an interesting day. I'm glad that we got together. I was very excited to really get to know the kids. It was fun. Thank you for having me for lunch.

Courtney

The James said...

Brock is an artist! You're such a cute Mom. I'm glad you've been staying busy with Trent gone. I'm jealous you're going on a trip. Have fun!!!

Anonymous said...

Don't you love that! Okay, maybe not! but it can be so hard not knowing what is going to happen if you leave them alone for even a second!

Emily said...

Thank heavens the damage was minor! It's great that you were able to grab the camera instead of getting mad!

lins.e said...

sooo sorry honey that we didn't come down... Dax latley constantly asks for peece and tynen. So we need to come down and play so they don't forget about each other... Have fun on your trip, I'm jealous. You should have let us watch the kids, then it would have been SUPEr fun

Brittanny said...

we had a picasso in our family as well! Don't you just love the person who invented washable crayons & markers!

Anonymous said...

We can't wait to see you tomorrow!!!! YEAH! Tyden misses his "brother" Pierce.

Anonymous said...

it seems like we haven't seen you for a long time! now that summer is here, we need to get all the boys together and play!