Thursday, December 11, 2008

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

As you can tell I am quite excited about this post... and just so you know this IS NOT a previous post. Sometimes my life feels like the movie Ground hog day! So You ready to hear the exciting news... it really isn't exciting, Brock is SICK yet again! Hence my title" Are you Kidding me!" This is a phrase that I have been saying a lot at my house lately! On Sunday night he started fussing again when it was time for bed, so I thought well I better take him in to the Dr. tomorrow. He has had a little bit of a cold. SO anyways I take him in and YES for sure he has yet another ear infection and the Doctor warned me to keep a watch on his cold. So the next day Tuesday he was happy as ever and we were having a good day. We went down to my parents house to hang out and as the day progressed he started sounding worse and worse. When I got home I asked Trent what he thought I should do. With our surgery for tubes still just a week away I have been trying to keep him healthy because I wanted nothing in the way of this day! We have waited so long for this appointment and now it seems like a glimmer of hope may make it happen. Are you kidding me? Anyways SO I take him to the Dr. and they tell me that he know has Bronchiolitis. Sweet! And has to have breathing treatments for the next few days until he is better. This will mark the second time he has had this. It is NO FUN! That just reminded me that I need to call the doctor and find out if they can even still do the surgery!
So on the other hand we have been doing well. Life is always rushed at this time of year and you feel like you are being pulled in 90 million different directions. We finally got our Christmas Tree , Pierce helped me decorate it! He was super excited for it!Brock has been afraid of it, I was excited for that. He just stares at it and says "tree" (more muffled sounding). I thought for sure he being the wild child that he is , that he would have torn every ornament off the first chance he got.. nope ... Good Boy!
Christmas has come early for me and Trent we couldn't be more excited.. we got a NEW COMPUTER... it was sure hard not having one. Also we got a new camera.. any one that saw my old one knows that it was like carrying a brick around. I feel so overwhelmed by all this new technology though. Also I finally got a new cell phone I have had the most Ghetto one for like 5 years. It is nice to have. Also my cute husband surprised me by having our lockers done in our mud room when I finish painting them I will put a picture. So exciting!
This year we have been so blessed. We have so much to be grateful for. I hope that you all take the time to reflect on the true meaning of the season. I hope you all have a Merry Christmas!

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to here he's sick again. Emma got her tubes last December and it made a world of difference. I hope you get to keep your appointment next week. Good Luck!

lins.e said...

that poor kid, seems like every time we see you he is sick... bah! This time of year is no fun with sickness... I'm sure he'll somewhat get over it in a week... hopefully, right? tell the buddy we love him!!!

The Woods said...

Poor Brockie. I love that kids and can't stand the thought of him being sick all the time. I hope they can still do the surgery. Let us know how it goes. We'll see you in Boise!!!!

Sadie Lady said...

Sorry Mikelle. This must be so hard for you. I hate it when my girls are sick. Espcially the little ones when you can't make them better. You are in our thoughts. I am crossing my fingers that all goes well with the surgery.

Kohl said...

I hope you get to keep your appointment next week. I'm sure getting the tubes in will be a big help. Sounds like you got some great things for early Christmas presents!

Jennifer and Jameson said...

Mikelle am I the worst visiting teacher ever?? I bet Emily has called you hasn't she?? I'm sorry we haven't been there I've been out of town and I know this time is crazy. Sounds like you're having a fun holiday season with the sickness! Call me if you need anything! Poor kid!