Monday, December 1, 2008

I am Thankful.....

Our boys in Idaho Falls. Before the Major meltdown in the church! They got some cute new matching sweaters. Man they are cute!
These hoodies were one of Trent's Black Friday steals of $4 at Walmart. He was so proud!
Sad Whitney and Kira's POOR Gingerbread house... hilarious I tell you!


Proud picture!

Lumpy Turkey... He loves wearing hats... he is so cute!



My Cute Granny wearing the hat too. What a good sport. She is the neatest lady. I just love her.


Lumpy and Papa


Gingerbread house making!



Me and my Sweet.. high maintenance boy! Seriously !



My dad and his Famous Turkey hat! He is the most amazing dad... I swear I am so Lucky!
Okay so this year we went to my parents for dinner. I was so relaxing and Yummy. Of course my AWESOME Dad fixed an AMAZING dinner. It was great. My brother Ian made some yummy Pumpkin pies. I made an apple pie and Whitney made some yummy frog eye salad and pumpkin cookies. Everything was so tasty and good. Although I am not sure why I didn't really pig out this year. Brock enjoyed Whitney's cookies and ate like 6! My Dad wore this really cute turkey hat and pranced around gobbling! It was sure funny. The kids thought it was great. Brock enjoyed wearing the hat too and by the end of the night he was gobbling and even saying Turkey. After dinner my mom had an idea to start a new tradition to make gingerbread houses. The boys loved it and were chowing away on the candy..unfortunately they lost interest after 5 min. Kira, my little cousin, was assigned Whitney as her partner.... POOR THING! Their house broke fell apart and pretty much was a disaster. She finally looked at Whitney and said can I please just go play with the other kids? HILARIOUS! We couldn't stop laughing. We had a great time together and ended the night playing marbles and I won, thanks to Lindsay!
Black Friday is a fun day for us.. this year we really didn't get up early and go. Trent stayed up and ordered our NEW COMPUTER and CAMERA online...... I am so excited I can hardly stand it! Then He got up around 8:30 AM and went to a few stores. Then I met him with the kids and we also did some more shopping. All in all we didn't see that great of sales but it was fun! We had Lunch at Pierce's favorite place... COSTCO! Anytime you ask him where he would like to go eat he usually picks Costco. He absolutely LOVES their Pizza and churros! Funny kid! Then I had to go to work!
This last Sunday Kayla and Brian blessed their adorable baby Jordan and we drove up Sunday morning. Our boys were terrible. I spent about 5 seconds total in the chapel. Our kids definitely won the award for the WORST BEHAVED CHILDREN! Are you kidding me. They had a yummy luncheon afterwards and before we knew it we were packing our kids back into the car. We had a great time and it was really good to see Trent's family. I miss them so much, I wish we could just live close! We made it home safe and sound!









8 comments:

The Woods said...

I wish you guys lived closer too. Thanks again for coming. We love you guys.

Johnson Family said...

Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving. Any time you are in Idaho Falls our door is open!! :)

Amy said...

What a fun day! I love starting new traditions. Can I say Russ looks awesome in his hat- wish I could have seen him gobbling.

Whitney@SomethingBroughtYouHere said...

You are just jealous of my amazing gingerbread house making skills!!! Maybe I will make it my new profession... what do you think?

Wendy said...

Your boys are so dang cute! I love the turkey hat....

Anonymous said...

How fun! I swear you always look cute in EVERy pic!! and you will have to tell Trent that was a great $4 deal!!! Way to go! and ps....I have to tell you that you are on of the most hilarious persons I know!!! I love your car squealin noise the best!!!! hahaha (is persons even a word??)

The Bailey's said...

Hey Mikelle, It's your cousin Jodi. I found your blog off of Nana's. You are so cute! Your boys are darling and they look just like you. I have a blog too, but it is private, but you are welcome to look at it, send me your email address to froglover33@hotmail.com I hope all is well, what have you been up to these days?

Ash said...

Looks and sounds like you guys had a great time! I LOVE the turkey hat- so funny! Looks like Trent got some good steals on Black Friday too!