Thursday, February 18, 2010

Snow storm of the CENTURY

WE SURVIVED! Do we have impeccable timing or what? We move out to Baltimore in hopes of a break from the usual snow in Utah, to come to their "Mild Winters". Are you kidding me? What are the chances that we arrive just in time for Snowageddon! In typical winter they usually get 12-18 total inches for the entire winter. This year blew all their records out of the water we have gotten over 80 inches already!
A picture of the calm after the storm. Trent couldn't resist taking a picture of this beautiful sunset.

The boys out in the snow, they wanted so badly to go out and play in it. Unfortunately, we didn't let them because we were without power. We had no idea when it would come back on. We were already cold in our house and I knew if they went out and got too cold we would be in big trouble. But we had to get a couple pictures of them outside.
Love the looks on their faces in this picture! They were so excited!

To give you and idea of just how deep it was. We got about 3 feet of snow in about 24 hours. It is incredible.

A view from our front yard. The cars were so buried you could hardly tell some of them were even cars. It took Trent all day to dig out our front pathway. Our van was totally covered and that took another day to dig out. Trent's car was nowhere to be found! You literally couldn't even tell where it was. That took another day.
Poor Gracie.. ha,ha. We let her out to go potty. She gave us a look like,"um, yeah how would you like me to do that?" She pretty much got buried when she went out. She loved running around in it. She finally figured out how to dig herself a hole and go to the bathroom.

A view out our back sliding door to our deck. Completely covered in snow!
Our back door. It was taller than Lumpy!
We learned our lesson with this storm. Be more prepared. We were without power for 24 hours. Luckily it was only that long. By the end of the night we were starting to get really cold. I managed to dig through boxes during the day and found one flashlight, and a few candles. We had cold cereal and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. That night we all were bundled up in warm clothes and beenies. All four of us, under about 7 blankets in Trent and I's bed trying to keep warm. The boys thought it was fun! Boy were we excited to hear the heater kick on!






9 comments:

lins.e said...

Sounds like a fun memory!!! I used to love snow storms when I was a kid!! Your mom was of course worried to death. Glad you posted, we sure miss you guys!!!

Love Family said...

First, I STILL can't believe all that snow! I love the one of Gracie in the snow...actually worked perfect! haha I love all your pics, it's good to see you guys again! :) AND loved our night out at Chilis too, glad we got to do that! :) We miss you guys!!

Natti said...

Oh man, that looks like so much fun! I wish Utah still had storms like that.

Whitney@SomethingBroughtYouHere said...

Ok seriously... just nuts. Ha ha. Still laughing about Pierce saying to Trent that he thought you were moving to the beach.

Kohl said...

Holy Cow! I can't believe all the snow. We are enjoying Spring like weather here! My boys talk about Pierce being far away almost everyday when we back out of the driveway. We sure miss you guys!

Ben and Tanya said...

I have only seen snow like that when I was a kid in Minnesota! It's really incredible to witness for yourself! Kids love it and adults hate it. My kids wanted to see pictures of your kids, so we jumped on your blog today to check for new pictures. Luke loves Pierce's 'brush'. That is hilarious. I am sure your dad loved having a mustache copied!

Ken and Jos said...

That's some crazy snow. I'm glad you got there safe; sad we couldn't get together before you left. Hope all is well...

Ashley said...

Wow that is SO MUCH SNOW. I've never witnessed snow like that and probably would have sat down and cried (hence why we had to move somewhere warm). Hope you are all doing well.

Jeramy and Coleen said...

Wow! What a storm!! Fun pic's. Sounds like you are having a great time. I'm glad I got to see you at the shower- sorry we couldn't get together and make it work.
Hope the snows calms down. I think I would have needed a brown bag for an anxiety attack.