Friday, December 10, 2010

Decorating


So it is kind of tradition for us to make our gingerbread houses at my parent's house on Thanksgiving. Since this year were weren't able to go to their house, my cute parents sent us foam house kits! Now you may ask why I took a picture of me with each one of them? Well, like usual the kids relied on me to help complete the project! So yes, I am taking some of the credit!

Pierce actually did his pretty much by himself. I just had to help take the stickers off the back. He was quite the perfectionist about it and kept checking the sample picture to make sure his was just the same! It was really cute to see him get into it this year. It could have been because it wasn't actual candy to distract him.


Brock on the other hand put about 10 stickers on and he called it quits! He has no attention span and lets face it his wasn't diggin' craft time!

He did like taking my picture with it though!


And after a VERY COLD, morning of family pictures we went over to Costco to get our Christmas tree. The sign said it was 6 feet, but it was HUGE! When we got it home it didn't fit in our house and Trent had to do some tree trimming!
Funny story. The next morning we came down stairs and the tree had fallen over. I thought that it was weird, mainly because it was quiet downstairs and Brock was on the couch. Anyway, as I hoisted the tree back up I turned around to ask Brock if he knocked the tree down, as he was denying it I felt a huge tree falling onto me. It caught me totally by surprise and I was trapped under it. I was yelling for help and Trent was in the shower. Pierce ran up to get him to help me. I heard both boys giggling on the couch that I was stuck under the tree. Trent came down in his birthday suit and rescued me. Quite the visual I know! Haha it was classic! I will never forget that!

6 comments:

Kelli J. said...

FUNNIEST STORY. EVER!!! Hahahaha

The Woods said...

I just almost peed my pants!! That is hilarious.

Amy said...

Love the gingerbread houses and your tree story! Just another day at the Belliston household.

Renee said...

That was a great story! I remember Trent's green underwear year ago. He probably should have worn those to rescue you. Love the houses--where did she get those? Have a great Christmas. We love you guys.

Sadie Lady said...

I love this! what a great memory.

TBird and Mikelle said...

I was hoping you had forgot the green underwear incident Renee.