Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Mt. Vernon

 Since we have moved here one of the things that has been on our list of things to do/see while we were here was Mt. Vernon. I will tell you the truth, I was totally expecting to be bored out of my mind. I was quite surprised when it actually was pretty interesting and engaging. What I really didn't expect was for my kids to like it, but they did.
 The boys LOVED that they had personal maps for each child, Brock was all over his "treasure map". We had to find the answers/ clues and then at the end if we got them right they got a prize. It gave them something to look forward to and kept them pretty busy as well.
 Here are the two little love birds on the back lawn of Washington's house, can you believe the view? I would love to live here and could see why Washinton loved it here too.
 Don't they look awesome. Diane's (Sister Belliston) favorite part of the whole trip was sitting on the back porch in a rocking chair.
 ...Our little family...

 That is about as good as a picture as we could get.. we are all smiles.

The Christmas Camel. I guess back in Washington's time he would pay to have a camel every year around Christmas, He loved exotic animals. So it was kind of a tradition to have a camel around Christmas. The boys thought it was neat too.

2 comments:

Kohl said...

I am so jealous of all the cool places you guys get to visit. Mt. Vernon is one of my favorites! Your kids are growing up fast!!!

Ken and Jos said...

I LOVED Mt. Vernon when I visited. I was the same as you, thought I'd be bored out of my skull, but nope - it's awesome. The view of the river (can't remember what it is called) is breathtaking!