Tuesday, April 10, 2012

National Zoo with Dad

 This last week was spring break and we had a lot of fun. The first of the week was spent playing outside: sandbox, bikes, park, picnics, and lots of friends. It was a blast and when by really fast. On Thursday Trent took the day off to spend with us. We decided that We would like to take Trent to the National Zoo since he had never been. Well apparently everyone else had the exact same idea. It was packed! Usually I just kind of take my time to get there. It opens at 10 so we got there about 10:30ish and the parking lot was FULL! So we had to find a spot on the street. We ended up finding a pretty good spot and it saved us $20 bucks.. yahoo!
 Brock was in charge of the camera.. so as you can see we have plenty of pictures of the animals he was enjoying and one picture of me. So it could mean he mistaken me for a hippo or that he really loves me, I will go with the latter.
 The gorillas here are amazing and I have never been let down by them. They are always really active and a big hit!

 We were most excited that we finally got to go see the reptile exhibit. Every time we have been there is such a big line and we had a stroller. The boys were in heaven. They loved this alligator.

 And of course the conna-conna (anaconda). Wow, that is impressive. I had never seen one. Yikes!
 The Crocs!
And see this iguana above.. this is about how we felt after going to the zoo. COMPLETELY worn out! Next on the agenda?? NAPS! So glad that Trent could come with us. We love having him around!

No comments: