Sunday, April 15, 2012

Pierce is super smart

Sometimes I feel like I don't get to brag about this kid enough. Trent and I have always felt like we totally LUCKED out with a kid like him. He is loving, kind, loyal, in-tune with others feelings, a great one to cuddle, and we are finding out now just how smart he is! Pierce's teacher absolutely loves Pierce. Every time we talk she just goes on and on about what a great kid and role model he is for the other kids.
In March he had the HONOR of being asked to give a Book Review for the school's reading night. He was the only Kindergartner chosen from the entire school to give a review. He decided that he wanted to read an Elephant and Piggie book. The book he chose was: I Love My New Toy, By : Mo Willems. Once he read it we practiced things that he could talk about the book.
When the night came he was really excited. They called him up out of the audience and he got a little nervous and once the Librarian gave him a little help with the title he did awesome! Trent and I were so impressed and proud of him. It was really cute to see him do well and like doing it.
Pierce is very smart and is reading at a first grade level and is also at a first grade level in math. Way to go Pierce! I am so proud of this little boy, who really is NOT little at all! I love you P!

4 comments:

grammyb said...

love that kid!

The Woods said...

Love that Peanut!

Jeramy and Coleen said...

You are such great Parents! Thanks for all the updates! Love reading about you and how things are doing! Let me know when you come to Utah this summer. I would love to get together more than one time! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

So great! Can't wait to see how much he's grown this summer :)