Sunday, February 10, 2013

Allie's first few days of life

 I don't think we could have got any more lucky/blessed with this baby Allie than we have. She truly has been such a joy in our lives. Trent and I prayed and prayed our little hearts out for another baby and she was worth every minute. She is a happy content baby. She is THE BEST SLEEPER, this makes a mom really happy. Her eating was really the only thing that she seemed to struggle with. in the first few weeks she wasn't gaining weight and I was really having a hard time with this. I really wanted to be able to nurse her and was bound and determined to make this happen. Her problem was that she was just such a sleepy baby that she just would not stay awake for the life of her. So her feedings would take over an hour. This was extremely frustrating and time consuming to this mom who also was trying to juggle her 3 other children and various obligations. She also had some jaundice problems that my breast milk was also not helping. ( I had never heard of this, breast milk jaundice) So we, our pediatrician, Trent and I, decided that the best course of action was pumping and supplementing with formula. After doing this and finally seeing some improvement and getting over the initial hormonal break down of not breast feeding things are now going great!
 Those first few weeks are always hard and the hormones just don't help at all. I felt more crazy though with her. My baby blues so to speak were definitely elevated this time. I'm glad we pulled through and came out on the sane side! It's a dang good thing she is such a good baby too because it made things go a lot more smooth.

 Pierce is absolutely in love with her and helps out so much. He really make it so easy for me and is always volunteering to help as long as her diaper is clean and she doesn't barf on him. He isn't a fan of bodily fluids I guess.
One thing this little girly has is some ski feet. They are super long and skinny, just like mine. She loves to have them rubbed. Love you Miss Allie.

No comments: