Sunday, February 10, 2013

Papa came too

 We were extremely excited that after Allie was born Papa Russ got to come out and visit too. Not that we weren't thrilled with Grammy too, just that he doesn't get to come as often as her. He brings a totally different element. He had a rough time getting here... traveling all night, missing flights, taking a crappy (no pun intended) bus, you get the picture. But boy were we happy to have him, even if it was for just a short time. My dad is an amazing chef, I mean AMAZING!! So not only did I have my mom, who is a self proclaimed neat freak, I got to have my dad come too and cook his heart out for us. After having a baby this my friends, was music to my ears.
 Brock loved spending time with Papa in the kitchen. My dad is so cute that he realized that every year since we have moved here we have missed our families special Christmas dinner, so what did he do? This amazing dad of mine recreated this super amazing dinner and spoiled us with it. It was truly heavenly. He didn't stop there either, because every year around Christmas my dad make some of his famous fudge. I mean our neighbors growing up made sure they did everything they could to be on the Christmas Fudge List. So yummy.
 One morning Brock and my dad made pancakes together. He is also famous for his pancakes. Here is a Wall-e one.
 Manny, from Ice Age.
 and Jaida's Mickey. Pretty much my dad is a celebrity when it comes to cooking.
 Also what would a visit from Papa be with out some sort of shananigans? This guy s crazy. Brock planned out for Gracie to pull them in this make-shift box sled. But Gracie is no dummy and didn't want anything to do with it. Don't worry Papa filled in as the reindeer. The kids had a blast and we hated to see him go. Love you Daddy. (Papa)

1 comment:

Amy said...

So fun! Glad that you got spoiled by your Dad's amazing cooking!! I miss his fudge every year. When I go to my mom's around Christmas I always ask if Russ has brought the fudge and either it hasn't come yet or its gone :) Such a fun post dedicated to your Dad.