Friday, April 26, 2013

321... Let it Rip

The boys have been really into BeyBlades lately. They know all their names and special moves. Who knew that a top could be so entertaining. I love to hear them battling and Brock yelling out at the top of his lungs telling his beyblade commands. I love that he is so innocent and believes that because he tells to them they do better. I love the way they have to use their brains to put them together to come up with certain combinations to make the best beyblade possible.
I love that Trent and the boys designed and built a beyblade battle zone together.
I love that at parent-teacher conference Brock's teacher, Ms. Cook, told me that Brock has taught his entire class all about beyblades and built some out of counting cubes. I love that she took an interest in his love for beyblades and incorporated this into their learning. She has a physicist come to their class and teach them about centrivical force and the basics of how and why it spins. I also love that she filmed Brock teaching his class about them and sent it to the district to show all that they've learned so they could review it and possibly incorporate it into all kindergarten curriculum for years to come. I was really so proud. Way to go lumpy!!



No comments: