Sunday, June 9, 2013

A moment

This weekend we planned a spur of the moment trip to Pismo Beach. Trent is good at making me get out of my comfort zone. That is something I'm grateful for because otherwise I'd probably be a hermit and never leave. Anyway, my friend Amy hooked us up with a sweet hotel and we spent the night. The kids thought it was pretty amazing. I remember as a kid staying at a hotel was awesome. After spending time at the beach we came back to the hotel for some swimming. Then we went and got some dinner. Afterwards I took Pierce, Brock and Jaida to the pool. It was then that I had one of those moments where I just wanted to freeze time forever. We were swimming and playing in the pool. We were all giggling and having a really good time. Another guy was in the pool, he turned to me and said," these are the best days of your life, enjoy them!" At that moment I knew that was true. I couldn't think of a happier moment. I had just an overwhelming feeling of joy and love for my sweet children and at the same time a extreme amount of gratitude that they were mine. Sometimes I can hardly believe that. I know that as time passes these are the moments I never want to forget. 

3 comments:

The Woods said...

love it!! And you know those little moments are the ones that make the moments of fighting and back talking totally worth it.

Jeramy and Coleen said...

Wow- I'm so horrible. I wasn't even sure that you had moved! Congrats and sounds like you are extremely happy and made it safe! That's great news for you. Thanks for updating. I was able to read back through and see the wonderful journey you have been on! Hope you are doing great! Love ya.

Sadie Lady said...

What a great reminder. We all need to remember these great moments we have with our families. :)