Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Brock and Mom Date

 We try really hard to take our kids out on dates so they have the opportunity to be one-on-one with Trent or I. I think it really helps them to feel special. Brock is especially one who loves it. We often tease that he was meant to be an only child. he likes attention and requires quite a bit. On this occasion I had asked Brock to go with me on a date and he didn't want to. He really wanted to go with Trent. It really hurt my feelings. He told me that I needed to schedule things like this when Dad is not around because when dad is around he just wants to be with him. So our date got off to a good start. I tried not to take it too personal, because when Trent is around I am non-existent! He fell asleep in the car about a block away from our house.
 Once he saw what we were doing it was right up his alley! We went to Color Me Mine and painted a plate. He chose to have me draw Pegasus on there. The rest he stamped in. he was so excited and we had a really good time. We finished the night off with Chick fil a Cookies and Cream shakes and a crazy trip to Wal-Mart. Ha-ha some crazy guy was following us around trying to show us his belt buckle. weirdo! Brock told the guy to quit being weird and talking to us! Yup, that's my Brock.


No comments: