Tuesday, October 14, 2014

A day at the zoo

Over spring break we were trying to be creative and come up with some different things to do. One day we ended up at the zoo. It was so crowded in the parking lot, I literally drove around for 30 minutes trying to find a spot. I almost just called it a day. In fact right as I began saying that to the kids I was headed towards the exit of the parking lot when all of a sudden the car in the front row began leaving! Wahoo!! We totally scored an up front spot!
I am glad we got to stay and play. The kids were in heaven and had a great time there. We actually got to see some animals that typically aren't out and about, like the wolf. That made Brock's day. The love going to pet the stingrays and the Reptile house was a hit. In this picture you can tell by the look on Jaida's face that she wasn't so sure about the snake in the cage behind her. Mostly I am just glad that we survived and had a great time there together.
Sometimes these kinds of things are really hard for me to pull off, but when they pay off like this day did I would do it again in a heart beat.

No comments: