Monday, December 29, 2014

Uncle Riley

 December 29th is Uncle Riley's Birthday. We decided to take our family up to see his grave and sing him Happy Birthday. My feelings are always so tender when I think of him. I can't imagine losing a child and it hurts my heart. I love that Trent's family always tries to make this day special for him. They still sing happy birthday and buy cake and celebrate. It is such a great example to me that Diane has been so strong and unwavering in her testimony. We finished the evening with cake and ice-cream and family fun. I loved watching Papa and Allie playing together on the floor with the very blocks that were given the year Riley passed away.

 While we were at the cemetary we stopped over and saw Grandpa Pat's grave as well. Such a great man and example as well. We miss seeing his bright happy face, but know he is making all those people in heaven laugh.


No comments: