Thursday, August 21, 2008

Allergic to Peanuts???

So this week has been an interesting one... I will give more details later! Anyways I was down at my mom's house on Tuesday and we gave Brock a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Which I have done before so I wasn't in any way worried. Well about half way through his sandwich he started crying and rubbing his eyes. My mom preceded to give him a drink and I said he is probably just tired. Not thinking at all that there could be a problem. Anyways after completing my lunch I went over to get him out of the high chair, I noticed that he had blotchy hivey looking thinks all over his face and his eyes are swollen and blood shot! That is when hmmm mom finally got a clue and figured out something was wrong! So yes we had to go over to Walmart and buy some benadryl. Turns out that he is allergic.. well that is what we think, no real diagnosis, but nothing else could explain this! Poor little guy was trying to get our attention and we were in LA LA Land! HELLO GUYS I am SWELLING UP over here! Nice mom he has!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of FOOD ALLERGIES! It's wonderful really. His Halloweens will suck and he'll only be able to have fruity candy. Poor little guy...not to mention the constant worrying that someone will feed him something peanut related and then you'll have to bust out the Epi-Pen. Ah.

The Woods said...

If Brock is allergic to peanuts does that mean he's allergic to Pierce? Ha Ha.

Ashley Hardison said...

How would you even know, I would probably be in la la land too. I never think about things like that. Luckily we haven't had any problems, YET! At least it made an exciting story.

Kelli J. said...

At least it was only swelling and not something to do with his airways!!! You're not a bad mom! Who knew?

Sadie Lady said...

What else can you do? I would assumed as well that he was tired at first, especially since he hasn't shown anything like that before.

Ken and Jos said...

Poor little guy. Dude, that would suck if he's totally allergic. Peanuts are in EVERYTHING!!!

Anonymous said...

Isn't that funny, we think we know everything...thinking...oh it's okay Brock, YOU ARE FINE! when actually he ends up being allergic! too funny...but sad for him!