Monday, October 13, 2008

OoOoOo....This is Halloween... BoO!


Halloween is definetely in the air at our house we have been going crazy with decorating. I have been trying to keep the boys busy so that I don't go too nuts.. my attempts are failing though!After yesterdays wonderful winter weather I was beginning to think that maybe we should have been decorating for another holiday (Christmas... I am so not ready for that!) call me a scrouge but I need more time! Then after venturing out to stores this morning I cannot believe that they have Christmas decorations out all ready.. and all of the Halloween and harvest decorations are clearanced out? It seems like the stores are jumping the gun a little earlier this year. Pretty soon you will see Christmas trees for sale in the place of a pumpkin! Anyways now that you sense my Bah Humbugness, here is some photos of our "Cute" Decoration projects... Or not so cute!
We made these bats with Pierce's handprints they actually turned out better than I thought.
Cnady Corn Men... UGLY! I saw this pattern online and thought those would be cute but as you can tell I have no artistic abilities!
Pumpkins and spiders.. these were fun.
I also got this idea online too. Skeletons out of Qtips. Pierce was begging me to make a skeleton so here ya go.. his is the top one he had a blast!
Oh ya and this is our "Pet Spider" (that is what Pierce tells people) He even named him "spooky"! Every morning he comes out and says" Nope, he hasn't moved yet!" Happy haunting!

10 comments:

Ashley said...

You are so good to do cute things with your kids. I always have good intentions but then we get doing them and my OCD takes over and I can't stand them mixing paint of not cutting the paper right. I know I need to relax. I might have to steal a few of your cute ideas - if you don't mind! :)

The Todd's said...

Cute Blog! I hope ya don't mind I checked your blog out from Linz's. I like your decorations!
Deb

Sadie Lady said...

You are ambitious. I need to come to your house and play. No wonder my kid is bored to death. I have no creativity.

Kohl said...

Cute decorations! I'm with you on the Christmas decor stuff. I can't believe that the stores are already stocked and ready for a holiday that is still two months away!

lins.e said...

your such a good mom mikelle. I have no brain when it comes to entertaining 3 year olds, love the little candy corn men... mmmm makes me wanna go out and buy some!!!

Anonymous said...

How cute are you!! Geez, those all look so fun! Guess you put that craft book to good use!! =)

The James said...

You are so cute making these Halloween decorations with your boys. It's UEA tomorrow and I was wondering what I would do to keep my kids busy. Thanks for the great ideas.

Johnson Family said...

You are such a good little mommy making all those cute Halloween decorations! Your boys are so adorable!! I totally know what you mean about the stores and Christmas. It drives me nuts! :) I just want to enjoy Halloween for now.

The Woods said...

Cute decorations. I bet Pierce had a ton of fun. I should do that with my girls...but I'm too lazy.

JackieSue said...

Geez Mikelle, do you always do arts and crafts with your kiddos? That's awesome! You're a good mom. I have to say that Brock is so diggity dang damn cute! Excuse my swearing. I just love his chubby smiley cheeks. Is he going to be shy or will I be able to hold him and play with him when I come!?