Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A boy and his Worm

This week we have been outside gardening.. well, more like weeding! I have been showing Pierce all the new insects and spiders. He is fascinated with them. Today we were out again and we found a worm. He carried around for like 2 hours talking to it and playing with it. He would say things like,"Hey, buddy are you alright?" and "Can I get you some dirt to eat." The funniest by far though is when he took it over to his swingset and put it on one side of the teeter-totter and then he got on the other side and started going.. I heard him ask the worm," Are you enjoying the ride buddy?" I was laughing out loud! I had to convince him to put it away and that we couldn't keep it as a pet. Who needs a dog when you got a worm right?

7 comments:

Whitney@SomethingBroughtYouHere said...

Ok so Mom just told me this story. And you know how we have decided that Pierce is my twin?? Well this worm story only proves my point. Mom and I remembered that I used to play with worms all the time when I was that age up til like 5 or 6 yrs old. I would build the worms houses and make them towns. Yes, I was a weird child and Pierce is my twin!!

The Larsens said...

Your title to this post made me laugh because Blake calls his "manhood" his worm and has since he started talking. Glad your post was about an actual worm!

The Woods said...

Oh my word. He is quite the character. I love it. I can't wait to see what the next crazy thing he does is.

The Christensen's said...

That is so funny. I love the things little kids say and do, where do they come up with this stuff.

Wendy said...

It's amazing how easily they are entertained...what a cutie pie!

lins.e said...

oh pierce... he is just his own little person isn't he... funny little dude

Emily said...

I love it. That is seriously cute. How funny is it kids are great to cart worms and bugs around all day, but me - when I'm gardening and come across a worm, I completely freak out and scream and run the other direction?