Monday, March 21, 2011

Happy Birthday Dad/ Papa Russ

 March 14th is my Dad's Birthday! We were so happy that he was able to be here for us to celebrate with him! My dad requested French Toast for breakfast. Now, I have you know I made it for him, even though it is not one of my specialities! It turned out okay, at least he ate it. I always get intimidated to cook around my dad. He is the Master in the kitchen. I only hope that someday I can be half as good as he. Then Trent took him golfing, one of my Dad's favorite things to do that he doesn't get to do enough. They had a good time. Brock was pretty determined that we go and get him a cake. My Dad's all time favorite is German Chocolate. So when we found it Brock couldn't have been more thrilled. When they returned, it seemed like to took forever, the boys had made some decorations for him. We jumped in the car for our next adventure. We headed down to Washington, D.C.  We ate at one of our Favorite places Good Stuff Eatery. It was Later than we had anticipated so we dropped my parents and the boys off at the museum of American History for a "quick" tour.
 Brock fell asleep on the way home from Washington, D.C. and when he heard us getting the cake ready he perked right up. He was way excited! This kid LOVED having his Papa around! Both boys were EXTREMELY sad when he had to go. They missed you too Grammy, but Papa especially.
Happy Birthday Dad. I love you so much. Thanks for being such a great dad. I really couldn't ask for better. You are such a wonderful, loving, kind, and fun person. Love you.

No comments: