Monday, March 21, 2011

Philly

My parents came in town March 11th for a long weekend. We were so excited to have both of them here. On Saturday March 12, 2011 we decided that we would take a little roadtrip while they were here and head up to Philadelphia for the day. My Dad is all about getting out and having adventures, so this was right up his alley.
We went to go and see the Liberty Bell. Pierce was pretty excited to go and see it. Although, I think it was kind of dissappointing when we got there and it was just a bell and we couldn't ring it.


We had to wait in a line to get in to see the bell. Jaida was watching her brothers as they ran around the grassy area by the Liberty Bell.  She adores them and is now starting to want to be more included with their activities. Anyway, she could see Pierce in particular and was yelling out to him. When he would come towards her she would get so excited and kick and wave her hands and laugh out loud! It was really cute and the people in the line with us got a kick out of it too.
Here is a picture of the Family in front of Independence Hall. Everyone else looks great, but for some reason I cannot for the life of me keep my eyes open in pictures. So I guess that I will just look silly!
My parents with me and the kiddos.
I LOVED this picture of my parents! Aren't they cute?
And of course you can't go to Philadelphia and not get a Philly Cheese Steak! So we hit up the famous Geno's! I thought it was good, but I wasn't dying over the sandwhich. would I go out of my way to go there again? Probably not. I do however, need to try out their fierce competetor that is just right across the street, Pat's! It was a fun day and one more city to check off the list of things to do/ see on the east coast!

No comments: