Thursday, October 20, 2011

National Zoo

 The end of September Pierce and Brock had a day off of school. The weather-man said it was going to be rainy and gloomy. I personally am getting pretty sick and tired of days like that. I thought what the heck, we are going to go out and have some fun regardless. I put my hair in a pony-tail and called my friend Stephanie to see if she was ready to join us on an adventure. She was super excited too. We packed up the kiddos and headed down to the National Zoo. Once we got there we realized that we pretty much had the park to ourselves. I guess everyone else was intimidated by the possible rain. The Panda bear was extremely friendly to us, the kids got a kick out of it.
 We packed a picnic lunch and had so much fun. best thing was that the rain decided to hold off until we got back into our car for the ride home. I am so glad that we have such good friends here and that we decided to get out and have some fun.
The boys really like this BIG silver back Gorilla. Man did he look mean.

3 comments:

Sadie Lady said...

So jealous. That was my highlight of visiting DC way back when, the zoo and the Panda's. What fun.

Kohl said...

I went to the that zoo as a kid and thought it was awesome. I am so jealous of all the cool day trips you get to make with your kids. They are making memories they will never forget!! (but we still miss you as our neighbors!) :)

Whitney@SomethingBroughtYouHere said...

I want to come back out there and visit. I will have to save up my pennies from babysitting :)