Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Brock's Trike-a-thon

 For that last few weeks Brock has been preparing for this day! It has been something that he has looked forward to for quite some time. You see, about 3 months ago Brock and Pierce came to me and asked how they could help sick kids in the hospital. They brainstormed and had decided that they would have a lemonade stand as soon as it warmed up outside. I thought it was really cute. You can imagine the excitement from Brock the day he came home from preschool announcing that his school was going to have a Trike-a-thon for the children at St. Judes Children's Hospital. He said to me," Mom all I have to do is ride my bike super fast and I get money for it and then I get 2,000 kids out of the hospital. Mom, we have to help all of the sick kids!" Without skipping a beat he said, "Mom, can I borrow $1,000?" I said," what for?" He replied, "to get out all the kids in the hospital!!"
 He decided he would set his goal for $100 (because to him that felt like a million dollars). I set up the page online praying that he would get a few donations, I never thought He would receive the attention that he did. Each morning first thing he would ask me to do was "log-in and see how much money I have for those kids!"
 This little boy has one of the BIGGEST hearts and was so excited to see each day his numbers increasing.
 Here he is on the big day with a little tongue action!

 He had the biggest grin on his face the whole time he was riding. It was so cute. He had quite the cheering section. Me, my mom and even Trent came to support him on this fun day. We are grateful for all those who believed in little Lumpy and gave money and support to him on his most awesome day! His grand total donation was $371!!! As he rode his bike I couldn't help but get teary- eyed, it was definitely a proud mom moment! I am so proud of You Brock! I love you!

2 comments:

Cory Belliston said...

Great post, Kelle. Keep 'em coming. :)

Whitney@SomethingBroughtYouHere said...

So proud of Brocky! Way to go!