Monday, November 19, 2012

Halloween Festival

 We have the most amazing neighbor here. She is an older lady and has kind of adopted my kids as her grand kids. She brings them treats and gifts and just loves them to pieces. My kids think that she is pretty neat. Miss Wanda came over right before Halloween and told my kiddos that she had purchased tickets for her works Halloween Festival. They were so excited that they could hardly wait. It ended up being perfect because it was the weekend Trent was supposed to be out of town, so it was a great out of the house adventure!
 With admission each kid got a free pumpkin, all you could jump on the bouncy things. Free face painting, free balloon creations, and even a free fun play! I was a little skeptical about it really being free but really it was. I was thoroughly impressed and we stayed until they pretty much kicked us out!
 Brock absolutely loved this 22ft. slide and by the end was pretty much doing flips off the top. Some of the bystanders were like holy cow that kid has no fear, yup that's what I have to deal with folks.
 Pierce was more brave than I thought. Jaida wanted really bad to go down it, but they told me that i would have to go with her. Pretty much didn't want to hoof my big booty up the obstacle course to get her down the slide! Sorry, Jaida!
 Now let me just tell you how awesome the face painting was, some of the best I have ever seen. Holy cow, Pierce asked for a Zombie and she hit it dead on. Every time I looked at him for the rest of the day it creeped me out.
Brock wanted a magical jack-o-lantern. I thought it turned out awesome.
Jaida wanted what Brock had. She loves her some Brock and pretty much is his shadow. We are in big trouble if you ask me. The lady did add a rainbow for a girly touch.
We had the time of our lives! Definitely something I would do again. Thanks Miss Wanda, we love you!

No comments: