Thursday, November 29, 2012

terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day

Have you ever had one of those days where it seems like not one thing is going right? It seems like I have had a lot of those days lately and this day just happened to be a doozy! I was awakened early by Pierce claiming that he had wet the bed. Upon cleaning up that mess, Jaida wakes up screaming. I go into her room ans find her covered in diarrhea! Yay! After cleaning up both of the messes, I am trying my darnedest to not let it get the best of me. I fixed breakfast and got complaints all around. My kids are extremely picky and kind of have a routine for breakfasts. They don't like change, for instance we have eggs on Monday, Tuesday is apple muffins, Wednesday is pancakes, Thursday is is toast of some sort, and Friday is cereal. So when I made blueberry muffins on an egg morning they were not very happy with me, I should've know. At this point I remember that I hadn't let the dog out to go to the bathroom. As I opened the door to her room I was greeted by a very potent poop smell. It seems as though it was everyone's day to have a bowel problem.
After dropping the boys off at school I breathed a sigh of relief. Here's to a better day ahead.  That was until lunch time rolled around. Jaida at this point has mastered the technique of throwing tantrums and had graced me with several by this time. She wants macaroni and cheese, I comply. I honestly can't remember how I became sidetracked, but I was. Jaida was up on the counter. I hear her scream," mommy, hot!" I turned to see what was going on and found my entire stove top engulfed in flames. really?? I tried to smother it with a dish towel and was unsuccessful, baking soda did the trick! This is the point where I just called it a day! When you can't even make a box of Kraft Mac n cheese folks, we have reached an all time low. Luckily it was time for nap time and I took full advantage!
I am human. I have days like this. Do they get the better of me? yes, sometimes they do. Do they ruin me? No, the beauty of each new day, I get to have a re-do every single morning. I survived this day, barely and that is okay with me.

1 comment:

Sadie Lady said...

Just remember my favorite movie, which coincidentally I believe you watched with me the first time I saw it...."Tomorrow is a new day, with no mistakes in it, Yet." -Anne of Green Gables. A true life lesson to look on the bright side.