Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Granny's Famous Mac n Cheese

Ever since I was little I remember my Granny Arleen making us this yummy dish. It has aways been one of my favorites. When it is chilly outside or pretty much whenever I am feeling it I make it, which is pretty often. Luckily my family enjoys eating it too! When I have shared it with others they almost always ask me for the recipe. I kind of chuckle because it really doesn't have a recipe and it is so simple. It is pretty much throwing things in the pot!

Here is how we make it:
Cook the desired amount of elbow macaroni and drain.
Layer in a pot noodles, grated cheese ( I like to use a blend like Mexican or colby jack, but whatever you have works) until the top layer is cheese. Dump milk in until you see it reach the top layer and cover with a lid (don't cover the top layer with milk). Then place back on the stove top on medium low until cheese is melted on the top. don't stir the layers together, just serve! So yummy.. of course you will have to add salt and pepper to you liking after!


I hope you enjoy it as much as we do! It always brings back memories of my Granny and my childhood. That is probably the best part!

1 comment:

Ken and Jos said...

Mmm, I'm going to have to try that. Sounds so easy!