Sunday, December 23, 2012

December weather?


 It is the beginning of December here in Maryland and I have the radio tuned to Christmas music. When the song, "It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas" comes on it feels weird to even say that. I'm not really complaining because I'm not a huge fan of cold weather anyway! We took full advantage of these calm, sunny days and played outside.
A couple months ago Trent taught the boys and the neighbor kids to play 4-square. It was quite a challenge. They were a little slow in the learning process. Trent was trying to be as patient as possible, but it seemed as though they just weren't getting it. Well fast forward a couple of months.... and to my surprise I witnessed a very cool thing. The kids set up their very own game of 4-square and played it without flaw! Too bad Trent wasn't there to witness his hard work paid off, but it was a happy moment. I guess it just took a couple of months to soak in.

No comments: