Sunday, December 23, 2012

December 15, 2012

 On December 15, 2012 I turned 37 weeks. After 2 weeks of being in labor and laying around, this meant I could finally get out of bed and do normal things! I got up and cleaned my house and by 2:00 was not feeling well at all. I simply just thought I had probably over done it, since I had been such a couch potato lately. I am one of  those crazy ladies that cannot feel my labor pain until it simply is just too late. So by 3:00PM when I still wasn't feeling well and fear starting to set in that I could be in labor and not know, Trent suggested that I go to the hospital. When I arrived at the hospital I was really thinking that they were just going to send me right back home and tell me that I was nuts. You see it's not very convincing to nurses that you are in labor when you are walking around with a smile on your face and just complain of not feeling right. Sure enough when they checked me out I was dilated at a 6 and 100% effaced. The doctor couldn't believe it and told me that a baby was on her way! I called Trent and he took our other kids to our friends the Haretuku's and came and met me at the hospital. After walking around for an hour and still not feeling anything I opted to go and get my epidural, because I just didn't want to chance not getting it! It ended up being one of my longest labors ever and I was really getting bored! Finally the doctor gave me the option of having some pitocin to kick the labor into full gear. That seemed to do the trick!
 At 9:32PM we FINALLY welcomed sweet baby Allie Arleen Belliston at a whoppin' 7lbs and 19 1/2 inches. We couldn't be more in love and happy!

 Such an awesome feeling to be a mom! I really can't think of anything better than this moment here. My face is speaking pure happiness!
Welcome to our family sweet angel baby.

2 comments:

Kelli J. said...

Congrats Mikelle! She is so cute! And you are amazing! Can't believe you were a 6 and 100% and just didn't feel "right".

Sadie Lady said...

Such a cutie. Congrats!! I am so happy that it all worked out okay.