Sunday, October 13, 2013

waiting patiently

Here is Jaida and her cute friend Aaliyah waiting patiently for our cookie treat to be done. We made a huge cookie and served it with ice cream. Oh it was pretty dang good. We have been so lucky to have such good friends. I love catching moments like this one. The story of Jaida and Aaliyah.. haha these two were the biggest enemies and rivals. I loved hanging out with her mom Stephanie, but every time these two girls would fight, bite, scream and cry the entire time. I sometimes (Stephanie did too) questioned whether or not it was worth even hanging out with Stephanie because it was so much work with the two divas! We toughed it out! It took a while, a long while to get them to be civil around each other. Now Both Stephanie and I love to hear  them say that "Jaida is my best friend" and "Aaliyah is my best friend" I'm glad we toughed it out because I too can say that Stephanie is one of my best friends.
It has made me think that friendship sometimes doesn't come easy. Sometimes it is a lot of work and we might want to give up. We may think it isn't worth our time. But I know that watching this simple example of a 3yr olds friendship building has taught me so much about the value of friendship. I know that may seem silly and dumb, but it's true. It made me think of maybe friendships I lost out on because I wasn't willing to do the work for. I know that I am so grateful for good friends in my life. I have so many good friends that have helped me through some very hard times.

No comments: