Wednesday, January 21, 2009

...Weekend in Sunny St. George...

This past weekend we took a much needed trip down to Sunny St. George. I must say I know what the big draw is for the old folks! Man the weather was nice. We were living it up man. The sun was shinning and it was in the sixties. I was bustin' out the Capris and shot sleeve shirts! We had such a fun time down there. We left Thursday afternoon and made it there just in time for a lovely dinner at the In and Out Burger! YUMMY! I absolutely love that place! It is a good thing we don't have one here around the corner or I would be in big trouble. Their Chocolate shakes and fries call my name! Brock was in heaven with a chocolate shake... you would have to pry it out of his cold dead fingers just to get a sip! Man he had a death grip on that thing! We spent Friday out in the elements enjoying every minute of it. Swimming, running, playground, tennis court you name it! Pierce woke up Friday morning with an ear ache... so we did spend a good portion of our morning at the Doctors office.. he had a double ear infection! Thank goodness for good health insurance, sure seems like I live at the Dr.'s office! We keep them in business.
We were staying at Trent's uncle Pete's condo there it sure was nice. We were joined later by Trent's cousins Brad and Aimee and their 4 kids. Also Cory, Trent's Brother, and his girlfriend Calee came from San Diego. We had such a fun time together. Friday night we went out to dinner with our friends Joe and Ashley to Outback. They are such a fun couple. Trent and I both get along with them so well, that is a rarity to find a couple where you intermingle so well. Our dinner was pretty hectic with 4 kids and 4 adults... especially my kids! Wow folks we were struggling! Saturday we went and watch the race and then went over to Joe and Ashley's for a Yummy lunch, she made Cafe Rio type food..yum! Pierce and their little boy Jordan were playing so good together.. they would cry whenever one of them had to leave. As we left their house this day, I was telling Pierce to say, " Peace out dude!", he did we laughed and then Ashley told Jordan to say to Pierce" See ya later ,Dogg!" Pierce then with out skipping a beat said, "see ya Clifford, you big red dog!" Hilarious! Ashley and I were laughing so hard! Funny kid! Later that night Cory serenaded us with his guitar! He is amazingly talented and so is Calee. They both have such wonderful voices!

Sunday we went to church. Not so good. Pierce pooped his pants during the sacrament (the medicine for his ear infections was messing up his bowels), Brock didn't even make it through sacrament. Good memories. We went to a fun park and climbed on the big red rocks. This was neat, but reminded me of my fear of heights! I was so nervous. Pierce kept cheering me on and when I would make it to the top he would say", I told you that you could do it mama!" At least he believed in me!

Monday we took one last dip in the pool and then Trent just had to hit the Jack in the Box on the way out of town so he could get his Taco fix! I don't know what it is with him and those tacos! All in all we had a great trip. Pierce didn't want to come home. He kept saying just leave me here! It was so nice just to get away and have Trent all to ourselves. Families are so great! I love mine!

Cute pics in the pool.. Pierce was way more brave in the water this time!


I think this one is pretty funny!

6 comments:

Sadie Lady said...

I want to go. I need some sun I think. Sounds like you had a good time.

Mary Ellen said...

Yeah, we hit the In-N-Out Burger too...so yummy! Also El Pollo Loco is a must have! The weather was glorious. Did you go to the Dixie Narrow?

lins.e said...

hey didn't know you went there... I AM JEALOUS!!!! brockee is lookin like a little man these days!!!

Haskins said...

That sounds like so much fun!!! I love St. George. Looks so great!! Glad you had a good time!

The Woods said...

I'm sooo jealous you went to In N Out without me. It brings back good San Diego memories. I remember how much Brock loved his chocolate shake.

The James said...

I'm very jealous. That sounded like a lot of fun (most of the time). I'm glad you guys could get away.