Monday, January 26, 2009

Why does exercise have to be so HARD.....

So I have been trying to get back into shape lately. Not so easy. I absolutely hate working out. I have often wondered why it has to be so dang hard? Why can't it be just as easy as eating a decadent chocolate cake or a dozen oreos? Yummy now I am hungry! I love sweets. I just can't ever say no to dessert and I have absolutely no self control when it comes to chocolate. I mean what is the difference if I have the entire bag of chocolate covered almonds versus a few? I am going to feel bad either way but at least I enjoyed every last minute of it! Okay now I am just rambling right.. This blog post has absolutely no importance, but for me to get out these feelings! Anyways, I am trying to be good so that I can reach my goal of coming out of retirement and run the SLC half marathon again this year. Man I am only on week number two of training and complaining already! I need to snap out of it! BLAH!

5 comments:

Haskins said...

I totally agree with you!! I hate working out! I wish I didnt have to do anything and have the same body I did when I was in High School!

Aaron said...

Give this article a try. It should help with motivation, especially during the winter months.

http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-243-297--11733-0,00.html

Aaron

Kohl said...

I wish I could look as good as you and eat all that yummy junk! :) Good luck with training. I hate running! :)

Amy said...

Agreed the working out is the worst. If only burning calories was as easy as eating them :)

We had a blast in St. George and agree it needs to become an annual trip!

Whitney@SomethingBroughtYouHere said...

YAY--- I can't wait to run that again together! You are so skinny anyways that it doesn't matter what you eat. Just keep running so maybe you can keep up this year ;) I LOVE YOU!