Thursday, March 25, 2010

holding her again

Sunday March 21,2010 Brought a joyous event, we got to hold our little Jaida bug again. She was finally in a regular room and off her oxygen. She still had a feeding tube,but is looking much better. The Dr. set a goal for her to finish 2 bottles before she could have her feeding tube taken out. As soon as she finished the second bottle she reached up and yanked the entire tube out, just to let us know she was DONE!
It started out a rough morning as they decided to attempt the spinal tap 2 more times, which they were unsuccessful! (They tried a total of 9 TIMES!!!!) Poor baby! So unable to get the spinal fluid, they are also unable to say with certainty that she has meningitis. The Dr.s have decided to treat her as if she had sepsis/possible meningitis! She will have to endure 21 days of IV antibiotics. So she has about 2 more weeks in the hospital.

You have no idea how good it felt to hold her again. Trent and I love her more and more every time we go and visit her. It is really hard to say goodbye when we have to leave.
We brought the boys back some gloves and masks from the hospital. They thought they were so cool. They ask everyday when she is coming home. Every night Brock says in his prayers,"Thank you we can PLEASE bring our Jaida bug home again!" I had the boys record her a message so I could play it for her. Pierce said,"Hey Jaida, this is your brother Pierce, he is saying that he loves you and you love him, please come home soon. I love you!" Brock said, "Jaida bug this is Brockie, we are going to take you home. We are on our way!"





7 comments:

Ben and Tanya said...

wow. I have been so emotional while reading these past few blog posts. I guess having a new baby myself, I can imagine all the fear you guys have been experiencing. Mikelle-that is amazing you brought her to the doctor at the exact moment she was needing it...but without really knowing everything about her situation. Amazing. What a blessing. You are being watched over for sure. I have thought about you guys and little Jaida every day since you welcomed her into this world. You guys are amazing too! I think I would be a wreck! We are keeping you in our prayers.

Love Family said...

Oh my goodness, she is tiny!!! so cute! I'm glad you got to hold her, that has to be the best thing. I think I would have a hard time leaving her there too. hopefully soon enough she will be able to come home. The boys look cute in their gear! :)

Sadie Lady said...

I am so glad that you got the opportunity to hold her again. You are so strong. What a hard challenge you guys have had. We are thinking about you.

Kohl said...

She is so cute! I'm so glad that things are getting better. Hope you get to bring her home really soon!

Whitney@SomethingBroughtYouHere said...

Wow. Totally bawling while reading. Wish I could call... wish I could be there. Love you all so much. Heavenly father is watching out for her and you. Your in my prayers day & night

Ryan and Tenneal said...

We love you guys and have been thinking about you all the time.

Jeramy and Coleen said...

Wow you have been through so much with the move, and having Jaida. You both are so strong, and have been tried. I hope all continues to get well. Love you and thinking about you.