Tuesday, April 20, 2010

April 9,2010

What a wonderful day today was. We finally got to bring our sweet baby girl home from the hospital. She is off her antibiotics now and so the doctors gave her the okay to go home. She is on 1/4 liter oxygen and an apnea monitor. The monitor alarms anytime she stops breathing for more than 20 seconds. It has been such a relief for both Trent and I to have that machine. It is super loud and probably wakes up the entire community, but it is comforting to know it is there. She is a terrific baby. She sleeps really well and hardly makes a peep.
We are so glad to be a family again. The boys absolutely love their sister. Special thanks to every ones prayers and for all those that served us during this hard time. Wow, what a blessing it is to have her. She has made me a better person already. What a wonderful trial it has been. I learned so much, BUT I am glad that it is over! We have many follow-up Dr. appointments to determine her outcome with oxygen and so forth... I am sure I will have many more updates to come. For now we will enjoy every moment together with her! Love you Jaida!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Yea! So glad she is home. I know I've said it before but not a day goes by that I don't think of you all and how little Miss Jaida is doing. I hope she continues to do well.

Wendy said...

That must be such a relief to have her home. Congrats, she is beautiful!!