Sunday, November 21, 2010

Air and Space and Good Stuff


After a bitter cold morning, watching Pierce in his last soccer game. Doesn't Jaida look so cute bundled up? My Aunt Julie made her that Beenie, so cute! Okay sorry got a little side tracked. After soccer we decided to head on down to Washington, D.C. and see another museum. This time we chose the Air and Space museum.

The boys napped on the way down and were sure excited to be there. Pierce was on the hunt for Amelia Earhart's plane!



They had a fun interactive children's area in the museum. Here are some pictures of the boys flying a Cessna.



After being in this area, I couldn't help but notice how inconsiderate some parents and kids are. There are so many things to do in there and it was super busy. Parents aren't even watching their kids and they are just roaming around. We would be waiting in line for things and other kids and parents (Clueless and often times on their stupid cell phones) would just cut right in front of others and start doing the exhibits! Pretty frustrating. Made me always want to make sure I taught my kids that they need to be patient and wait their turns.





He found it! He was so excited when he did! Brock was insistent on taking the picture, so the quality is lacking!



The boys had a fun time walking around the city and jumping off the raised flower beds!


I just love these two boys! They are at such fun ages right now and their personalities crack me up! Here they are in front of the big telescope!




After about 2 hours of the museum, that is about all our kids can handle. Trent took us down to the Good Stuff Eatery. His friend Jamie Blakesley introduced him to this place. I am not sure we should thank him for doing so. It is some "Good Stuff!" if you know what I mean. We were especially bad this time and got 2 large orders of french fries (yummy and to die for!) and 2 large Black and White milkshakes! ( oh my goodness, can we say Naughty!) These shakes have a thick coating of hot fudge around the inside of the cup!
Now that was a healthy dinner!


Cute behinds! Trent said even the first lady Michelle Obama is known to come to this place! I can see why. I am glad we don't live close by!

The boys loved this place! I hope we can go again soon!We had a great day together!

3 comments:

Whitney@SomethingBroughtYouHere said...

YUMM. Next time I come out we should go back to DC and get me one of those shakes!!

Sadie Lady said...

what a great day. You described the ice cream Well. I almost want one.

Amy said...

What a fun trip! So when we come to visit (and we will) we just might have to make a trip to get one of those shakes! Miss you lady.