Saturday, June 9, 2012

Black-Eyed Susan at Pimlico Race Track

 May18th my Dad and cousin Dax flew into town to join us for a fun-filled weekend. Papa Russ was here for the BIG Preakness horse race and took us to the Black-Eyed Susan Friday races.
 I dropped my Dad, Pierce and Dax off early at the track so they could meet all the Jockeys. I packed some lunches and picked up Brock from school and headed up afterwards.
 We ended up staying for quite a long time. One thing I learned is that Horse racing is a very short-lived excitement. The races last literally like 2 minutes and then they have 30min breaks in between each race. The kids loved when the races were happening, but it was the down time that proved to be annoying! We still managed to have a spectacular time and the kids made it through with little or no melt-downs. Jaida LOVED every moment of the entire day. She won the best behaved award, go figure!
 Brown Papa also came and joined us. I cannot believe I didn't get a picture with my dad, What a slacker I am!
Here is the beginning of one of the many races. The kids had a fun time picking their "winning" horses for each race. A couple of times I wished we would have bet on their guesses! All in all it was a success! Thanks Papa Russ for a very fun day!

1 comment:

Kelli J. said...

How fun to have your dad & Dax come out! I bet that will be a pretty memorable trip :)