Friday, June 15, 2012

Dream come True

 Since we have lived out here in Maryland it has always been on Trent's to-to list, to go to the Preakness. Every year he says he wants to go and then doesn't end up doing it. Well it has also been the dream of my Dad to be able to go to the Preakness. This year in particular he was very excited about. Trent's dad was also very excited to be able to go. They had a terrific day!
 He made a special trip to come and see it (and us too of course). A few weeks before this the horse "I'll have another" had won the Kentucky Derby. In honor of the hopes of a Triple Crown winner this is who they were routing for!

 Here is a picture of "I'll Have Another" before the race. Such an amazing horse.
 And they are off. "I'll Have Another" Wins over Bodemeister in just a nose. It was such and incredibly close race and the crowd was going wild. At least when I was at home watching it on T.V. that is how it seemed.
I am so glad that Trent got to cross this off of his list and also that my Dad got to live his Dream!

No comments: