Thursday, June 7, 2012

Innocent Faith

I don't want to forget this story so I need to jot it down. Yesterday, as we were siting in the car waiting in the carpool line at Pierce's school we had the windows rolled down and Jaida decided that she would throw her paci out the window. Now anyone who knows Jaida is attached to her pacis like no other. She immediately started to cry and complain. Brock told me I better hurry up and find it cause she was driving him nuts. I got out of the car and looked around but couldn't find it anywhere. So I simply got back in and told her to get over it! I was a little bit nicer, but you get the picture! Brock was really frustrated with me and said ," Mom, I am going to say a prayer and Heavenly Father will make this better!" I said," Go for it buddy!" He then said the most amazing simple prayer that we could find it and that Jaida would be calm. He thanked Heavenly Father for always remembering us and then turned to me and said, "Now mom, open up that door and it will be right by your door on the ground. Heavenly Father made it be there, I promise." I opened my door and will admit I was thinking of how I was going to explain to him about how prayers don't always get answered with the snap of the finger. I opened my door and there it was laying there on the asphalt looking right back at me. I got back in the car and Brock was so excited and he said," I knew it would work!" He immediately told me that he needed to thank Heavenly Father. His following prayer was something amazing and brought tears to me eyes. It was something like this: Dear Heavenly Father, I prayed to you to help me find my sister's paci and you helped me. I can't believe you could totally hear me. Thank you, because now my sister is happy and I know you heard my prayer. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

Moments like this you realize how divine children really are. I was so proud of him at that moment. Oh how I love my Little Lumps!

4 comments:

Cory Belliston said...

Such an awesome story. Thanks, Kelle!

Ken and Jos said...

Whoa, that's an awesome story!

Whitney@SomethingBroughtYouHere said...

Such an awesome little boy. Love Lumps!

Kelli J. said...

Wow! That is pretty amazing! What a way for him to develop a testimony of prayer at such a young age.