Friday, September 14, 2012

Back in School

 I can't believe it, school is back in session and both boys are gone all day. It is really weird around here and super quiet. It is something that Jaida and I are still adjusting to. Pierce started 1st grade this year. His teacher is Ms. Biondo. He was so excited for school to start and is loving every minute of it. That is except for ALL the homework! This is not his (or my) favorite!
 Brock is off to kindergarten this year. In Maryland it is full day. It is a very long day for a kid who still falls asleep in the afternoon. Those first few days were pretty rough adjusting to the no "resting time" at home. He told me he fell asleep at school a couple of times. Poor kid! His teacher this year is Ms. Cook. Brock's first few days didn't quiet go as smooth as we would like. On the first day he couldn't open his lunch stuff and was too afraid to ask so pretty much went the whole day starving! He came home and said to top it off his snack for snack time (later in the day) got stuck next to the ice-pack in his lunch box and was frozen solid! I felt so sad for him.
 On the second day of school he got a really bad bloody nose, not unusual for a kid who has allergies. He actually is pretty well versed on what to do in these situations. I guess the teacher was a little concerned and sent him to the nurses office. She sent home a not saying that she lectured him on reasons not to pick his nose. Thanks lady but when you have allergies they just happen! He felt so bad and came home and said, "Mom I kept telling her I wasn't picking my nose but she didn't believe me. Plus I missed art time because she made me stay in there so long! I told her to just shove some toilet paper up my nose and I would be good, be she said that wasn't how she did things!" Hahahaha!!! Art is pretty much his favorite thing int he whole wide world so you can tell he was pretty much devastated.
 On Day three his teacher gave out "Gordy Bucks"(the school currency, if they are good they get it and can use it later to buy prizes) to everyone in the class and passed by Brock. I guess he was too shy to speak up. But he came home that day and said that he knows he was good and wasn't sure why he didn't get one. The next day I guess his teacher realized he hadn't gotten one, she felt so bad that she gave him three!
 So by the end of the first week we finally were getting the hang of things. They both are making lots of new friends and having a good time. Jaida misses them terribly and is constantly asking if it is time to go get the boys from school. Every morning she has to take her backpack with us when we drop them off and sometimes we even have to pack her a "lunch". She just hates to be left out.
 After 2 weeks Brock started being "fake" sick in the morning and saying that he better not got to school. He would ask every night how many more years he had before he was done. He wasn't very excited when I told him he didn't graduate until he was like 18, but then still had to go to college! Once he gets to school he is fine, but it is a battle every morning to get him there. I guess it isn't for everyone!
Pierce adjusted pretty well. This kid loves any kind of social interaction. He loves his friends, like his Dad! From the minute he wakes up in the morning he can hardly wait to get to school. I am glad he loves it so much. When I drop him off in the morning he pretty much dives out of the car and runs into school as fast as he can, usually with Brock trying to keep up with him as he screams, "Pierce slow down! Don't leave me!" They both are so different. I am so proud of both of them and you would be so proud to know that I didn't even shed one tear!


2 comments:

Ken and Jos said...

Poor Brock! It looks like he got a rough start. Your kids are so cute.

Sadie Lady said...

Seriously...Brock is a trooper. School is hard. What a great kid to stick in there. But what alternative right? Hope the rest of the year is great.