Saturday, September 8, 2012

July 24th

 One of my favorite times of the year is parade season. Yes, July is like peak time for parades. I absolutely love going to parades. My Little family isn't as impressed with my obsession, but they do put up with it. I only made them sit through one parade this year so far so they should consider themselves very lucky! On the 24th of July we got up and found our usual last minute spot. Not sure why all those people feel like they need to camp over night to get a good spot, because without fail every year we show up just before the parade starts and get a Primo Spot. I can't tell you where or I might have to kill ya... it is a family secret! Grammy always packs us some good parade snacks to hold us over.
Uncle Jussy (Justin) came with us this year. We were so glad. Secretly I know he loves parades just as much as my mom, sister and I but just won't admit to it. My boys couldn't get enough of my brother Justin. He is always the life of the party with the kids. They all love him so much.
After the parade we went home and rested a little bit had a BBQ later and then finished the Holiday with the annual Bees Game. This year the Bees game was forever long and they didn't even start the fireworks until after 11PM. the kids were pretty good, despite the late, long evening.  We love this awesome family tradition.

No comments: