Friday, October 19, 2012

Boys Basketball

 Basketball is in full  swing here! We are pretty busy with it this year. It is Brock's first year that he is able to play. Trent decided that he would coach both of their teams. It has been quite a challenge and really time consuming. I think both boys really enjoy having their dad as coach. Pierce's team is the Marriotsville Colts and Brock is on the Rockburn Cats. Funny story: Brock asks Trent what the name of his team was and Trent told him the Cats. Brock looks at him funny and says, "the cats? ahhh" (A little disappointed in the name was hoping for something more masculine.) Right then Pierce chimes in with," The Cats... meeeeoooow" Pretty hilarious moment! Brock wasn't impressed.
We weren't quite sure how Brock would do in basketball because when we signed him up for soccer last year he spent the majority of the time picking daisies. It was painful to watch and a waste of money! But this kid has totally surprised both Trent and I. He is so aggressive and gets after it! It is actually quite fun to watch him. He is an animal. Trent often has to remind him to stay in his zone defense.
Pierce is one of the younger ones on his team and is trying to figure out his role on the team. I see so much of myself in this kid it is pretty scary. Watching him a lot of the time makes me cringe inside because I remember how I felt in similar situations.
Jaida and I spend a lot of time sitting on very hard bleachers on Saturday mornings. We have pretty sore bottoms by the end and it wouldn't be complete with her spilling a drink and falling off the bleachers every time. Reminds me of sitting at my brothers' many baseball games. My little sister Whitney was always a disaster and would pretty much get hurt every game. It sure is cute to hear her yell for her brothers to, "get the ball!" "Shoot it!" and "Go team!" We better get used to it because I see a lot of sporting events in our future.

No comments: