Friday, October 19, 2012

Crib makeover

 I have been wanting to do this for quite some time, but just never had the ambition I guess. You see when we moved here in January of 2010 the moving company absolutely destroyed my beautiful cherry wood crib. The gave me a whoppin' $40 to make up for it!! I was about 7 months pregnant with Jaida at the time and quite frankly with the move and things wasn't really feeling it. So there it has sat trashed, for the last 2 1/2 years! I had to start with filling out the huge gauges that were taken during the move. Then I had to sand the entire thing down. This was a much bigger chore than I had imagined, but at this point I was already committed!
 It actually was kind of hard for me to sand something that cost so much money and with the thought in the back of my mind, "What if this doesn't turn out?" Like I said before I was already committed at this point. Jaida and the new baby will be sharing a room. The colors of Jaida's room is Red, black and white. So I decided to paint the crib black. It took me an entire day of sanding, and entire day of priming (6 cans of spray paint primer) and an entire day of painting (6 spray paint cans of black gloss) then 4 hours to put a protective clear coat on it.
I have to say that I was so thrilled with how it turned out and I cannot wait to get the new baby girl's bedding in there. Her colors are going to be black, white and yellow. My mom is working on the quilt, can hardly wait~! Also she is making a new bed skirt. I will post pictures once it is all complete! I was pretty dang proud of myself after I finished!

1 comment: