Monday, January 21, 2008

When it rains it pours

This is the saying that has been being said at our house this week. It feels like whenever you have trials it never just trickles they just dump! I think that Heavenly Father is trying to teach me to be more grateful for what I have. I know that I am extremely Blessed, but I think we all need reminders!
It all began with our Friends Miles and Amy Romney's baby that passed, How sad! It is unimaginable for me to begin to know the pain. I have had an overwhelming feeling of sadness this entire week. I cannot take this heartache I am telling you. Trent is flying out in the morning to San Diego to go to the funeral. I am just SO sad, have I said that a million times yet? My thoughts are with them, I am sorry.
Then we went to Idaho Falls for the weekend, and it was great to see family. We stayed with Trent's sister Kayla and her husband Brian... Thank you.... It was great. He is a mortician, and while we were there, he had a little girl that was brought to the funeral home that was between the ages of 2-4 that had passed away. It made me really think of the horror that parents must feel when they lose one of their children. I know that I couldn't handle it. I was literally devastated for this family and once again cannot get them out of my mind.
Than to return to our home felt so good, I thought I could finally feel some relief. Trent had a good idea to help me get my mind off of things that we'd have a fun family night with my family and go bowling. We went to Fat cats and had pizza and bowled. Pierce was so excited he could hardly contain himself, so cute! While we were there we got more bad news that my Granny's husband Butch was put in the hospital in the ICU. He has been such a great guy, always there to help whenever we call. He has a serious infection, not sure what is causing it but it was shutting his kidneys down and they are in failure. Not sure what the prognosis is long term.... but once again sadness!
I am not sure what the lesson is to me yet, but I know that it is a time for me to PRAY, PRAY, Pray my brains out. I am grateful to at least have that! I am holding my boys tight and giving them extra love because I couldn't imagine the pain I would feel without them. Sorry this became such a sad fest but I needed to let some of this out! I will try to cheer up for the next post.. Until then.....

4 comments:

JackieSue said...

So sad for you!! That thought is beyond comprehension for me too. I just can't imagine the pain either. But I just wanted you to know that I'll pray for you! - and especially for them. I find I'm praying for strangers a lot these days... but through someone they mean a lot so I'll be thinking of you. I love you to death and hope you can find some sunshine!!!
-Jackie (since it shows my Dads blog right now..?)

The Woods said...

I know how you feel. I can't get that family out of my head either. Brian said the parents go to the funeral home late that night to see her. Yesterday when I would start to lose patience with the girls (Brian was gone all day) I would remember what those parents are going through and it would calm me. I miss you guys too. McKenzie calmed down pretty fast. That was so sad. She really enjoyed having you guys here. I did too.

Ken and Jos said...

I'm really sorry to hear about all your heartache. I couldn't even imagine. We are so blessed that sometimes it's good for us to see what other people go through. It changes our view on life and makes you realize the little things are so minuscule.
Hang in there... if you need anything, don't hesitate to ask. Love ya!

Jeramy and Coleen said...

Are there any words to even come close?... I'm so sorry to hear about all of the trials. I just can't imagine the pain you and their family are going through. I will continue praying for you and them. Just remember that we may not know the answers to everything and why they happen, but they happen for a reason. It is always worth it even through the tough times. I love you and think of you often.