Thursday, January 17, 2008

Whirlwind of a week



Man this week has flown by fast I cannot believe it! Time just goes by faster and faster nowadays! This last weekend my little sister Whitney got married and it was just wonderful. Except for the cold part and the fact that Neither one of my boys was well behaved! It is just wonderful to be in the Temple with your family, you can just feel so much love and peace there. I just have one brother to work on now so that we can all be there. We had a funny luncheon at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building, I say funny because my Dad had to go around the room and name all the people that were there for our family. He couldn't get names straight and even called Trent Whitney's uncle! I don't think he will ever live that down! The evening was at the Alta Club and boy did it bring back some memories of Trent and I's day. Except we actually got to enjoy it, well the food, because our kids were ridiculous! They both didn't get naps and well if you are a mom you know how that goes! Pierce got to wear a cute suit with a turquoise tie and I was in Red with turquoise sash. Brock was sporting a red vest and tie and Trent was looking dashing in a Black Tux!I cannot wait to see the pictures! I was so proud of Whit and Cam!

This week also we had to bid farewell to Uncle Cory... Pierce was distraught! He cried and cried and kept saying "he coming back mama?" And he keeps going into our guest room and saying "where did Cory go?". And now whenever we have gone out he thinks that we are going to go pick Cory up he keeps talking the entire car ride.." let's go get him, Where is my Uncle Cory Go?" So cute. Cory sang at my sister's wedding and it was amazing. I love it when he sings!

On Sunday we celebrated Trent's Birthday he turned the big 32! He wasn't so thrilled about it and Sunday birthdays are lame! My Dad fixed him a special dinner and we all just took it easy.

We got our new granite in our kitchen this week and now we actually have a bar! They messed up the first time and didn't let it overhang! Anyways now that it does overhang Pierce has run into it a million times, and last night he did a duzy.It about took him out and now he has a huge goose egg on his head.... Sad!

We got some sad news about our friends this week. I just haven't been able to get them off my mind. Miles and Amy Romney had a baby that is very sick and he is on lifesupport and he is going to pass this weekend I cannot imagine the sadness. I have been so sad for them and my heart goes out to them. I am sorry that they have to go through this. Just want them to know we love and care for them so much and have been praying nonstop for them. I am grateful for their testimonies that have strengthened mine so much.

3 comments:

The Woods said...

What handsome little boys you have. Oh and Trent's not bad either.

Ken and Jos said...

That is so cool Whitney got married. Tell her congrats for me. How fun! So you say one brother left... who has been sealed? I'm sorry to hear about your friends, what a horrible thing to experience. I hope you are doing well.

Ken and Jos said...

Oh ya, and your boys are darling! I can't believe how much Brock looks like a true Barker. What do you think?